About this Event
Dyche Hall, 1345 Jayhawk Blvd., University of Kansas, Lawrence, KShttps://www.facebook.com/events/1536067556890415
In honor of Women's History Month, we invite you to attend our big celebration of women in science! Join us at the museum to meet KU scientists, learn about scientific techniques, view specimens and try fun, hands-on experiments. Learn about women scientists from around the world and explore the variety of careers in science!
So much to explore:
• Deep Sea Fishes with Rene Martin. Examine specimens with a dissecting scope!
• Vertebrate Paleontology & New Innovations with museum Collection Manager Megan Sims and Scientific Illustrator Kristen Tietjen. View specimens and how to use 3D modeling technology!
• Plant Microbe Interactions with KU Ecology & Evolutionary Biology's Ceyda Kural and Maggie Wagner.
• Snakes of the Philippines with Nikki Realubit and Herpetology Collection Manager Ana Motta.
• Mammal Specimen Preparation with Rebecca Hawkins.
• Animal Behavior Field Research with and Mammals Collection Manager Maria Eifler and students.
• Jellyfish with Anna Klompen, including live jellyfish!
• Botany: Fruit DNA Extraction and Flower Dissection with Amanda Katzer and Haylee Nedblake.
• Physics: Geiger counter experiment with Alice Bean and students.
• Engineering: Paper Circuits with Nafiseh Mohammadianaftah, Nazifa Akter, Lanxi Liu and Anna Fritz.
• Geology specimens and experiments with KU Geology and Kansas Geological Survey's Marina Suarez, Noel Bartlow, & Blair Schneider
• Dust and Climate Interactions with KU Geography and Atmospheric Science's Bing Pu.
• Invertebrate Paleontology specimens with Rhiannon LaVine and Collection Manager Natalia López Carranza.
We're very excited to have these wonderful professors and students on hand to share and celebrate women in science!
Refreshments including cupcakes, lemonade and ice water will be available.
0 people are interested in this event